To prevent duplicates in Zendesk Sell, you can configure what fields must match in order to merge two similar Contacts or Leads.
Choosing a deduplication strategy means that Sell will use the settings you choose to merge contacts during imports and lead conversion.
To configure a deduplication strategy
- Go to Settings > Duplicate Management.
- Click Configure to change the default duplicate management configuration.
If you choose not to configure these settings, Sell uses a default configuration to detect duplicates that is based on Name, and either Email or Phone Number.
- Choose which fields you’d like to include when detecting duplicates.
- Make sure that either Name, Email, or Phone is checked - at least one of them is required to detect duplicates.
For example, you might have chosen to match Name, Email, Phone, and LinkedIn fields, but also specified that the LinkedIn field can be empty. This means that if Sell finds two contacts and one has a LinkedIn entry, and the Name, Email, and Phone fields match between the two contacts, Sell will merge these two contacts together.
- Note that at least one field must have an entry to accurately make matches.
The next time that you import a file or convert a lead to a contact, Sell uses these settings to deduplicate your contacts.