If you're looking for more information and instructions on getting started with the Sell App in Zendesk Support, you're in the right place! If you're looking for information on the Zendesk Support to Sell Integration,
The Sell App in Zendesk Support provides greater visibility between the two systems and helps support agents understand more about the requester.
Create a Lead in Sell from Zendesk Support
If a requester from an incoming ticket would have a more meaningful conversation with someone from your sales team, quickly create a Lead in Sell by clicking on the "Create Lead" button directly in the Sell app in Zendesk Support.
Create a Lead and add a Note in Sell from Support
Any note on a ticket from this requester, whether public or private, will appear in the customer's timeline in Sell.
Creating a Lead in Sell from Support will add a note in Sell about who created the Lead, and link it to the support ticket. Additionally, the app will automatically add a lead source in Sell indicating the Lead was passed from Support.
Notify Sales about Current Sell Leads/Contacts
There is a handy button on the Sell app to allow support agents to notify their sales team about existing leads or contacts that are reaching out to Support. This will result in a note added to the Lead or Contact in Sell.
The note will show up in Sell, providing valuable context to both Support and Sales teams.
The Sell App in Zendesk Support also allows your support agents to see certain Sell information related to a Support ticket requester, giving them useful context before reaching out to service the customer. The app uses the requester's email address to pull in relevant information from Sell including:
- Information about the last point of contact (method, incoming/outgoing, date, with whom)
- Website/Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn link
- Sell owner
- Type of record in Sell (Lead, Contact, Prospect, Customer)
- Status of the record
- Related Deals (if applicable)
The information is fetched from both Contacts and Leads, including the company information if present. Please click here to visit our Support Article detailing How to Configure Fields in the Zendesk Support App!
Installing the Sell App in Zendesk Support
Before installing the app:
- You must be logged in as an administrator in both Sell and Zendesk Support
- License requirements: Zendesk Support "Team" Plan and above, any Zendesk Sell plan
Install the app through your Zendesk Sell Account only by logging in to your Sell Admin account.
To install from Sell, log in and navigate to:
- Zendesk Support
- Click “Enable”
5. Enter your Zendesk Support domain name and click "Enable"
6. After connecting you Sell and Support accounts, select the Sell User that will be assigned all Leads that are created in Support.
7. Once the installation is complete, any tickets related to Leads or Contacts in Sell will display contact information in the Sell app within Zendesk Support.
Tip: As of October 15, 2019, we have updated our matching logic for the Sell App in Support. Previously, Leads and Contacts were matched to the Sell App if the Email Address or Name matched. All accounts were updated with the new logic (Email Address only). Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about this update.