What are the User roles in Base?
Manager – Manager-level users can access their own data, and the data owned by their subordinates. They can perform actions on all data.
User – A Base user with ‘user-level’ access has access to their own data only. Users can only perform actions on this data.
What is an Administrator?
Any Base user, whether a Manager or a User, can be granted Administrator privileges. Administrators do not have access to all users’ data. Administrator privileges are related to managing the account, and include the following areas which are accessible through the account settings:
• Account information – account name, currency type, Quotebase access, account cancellation.
• Subscription - upgrading and downgrading account subscription plan.
• Leads, Contacts, and Deals – adding, editing or deleting custom fields.
• Sales Goals - resolution period.
• Task automation rules
• Integrations – MailChimp, Xero, Facebook, Google Apps Gadget, and Harvest setup.
• Base Voice - call scripts and billing.
• Client Space setup
• Lead Capture Form setup and publishing
Only current Administrators can promote other Base users to Administrator status.
Administrators follow the same data access privileges as their Manager or User role permits.
What types of data are affected by the User/Manager roles?
Leads, Contacts, and Deals are the three broad data categories that follow the user permissions that you set for your organization. Other types of data that are related to Leads, Contacts, or Deals will also inherit the permissions of a related object. For example, Contact Notes will only be visible to users who have access to the related Contact.
What actions can users perform on their data?
Create – create new data
Read – view existing data
Edit – alter existing data
Delete – delete data from the account
Transfer – transfer data to other Base users in the account
Export – export data to .CSV files for download