A custom field is any extra “special” information that you’d like to track about your clients. It can be text, a number, or even a True/False. For example, you may need to track your clients’ CustomerID or their StudentID. You may need to keep track of their secondary mobile phone number. Or you might even need to track their industry or whether or not they have bought from you before.
To add a custom field for a contact card:
- Click on Contacts located on the left side of the Settings page.
- Click on the tab Custom Fields.
- Select Add new to add a new custom field.
- Enter the custom field name, select the type of field and whether you want it to show up on individual contact cards, company contact cards or both.
- After you're finished, click Save.
To delete a custom field, select the red trash icon next to your custom field. You'll be prompted to confirm your choice.
Learn all about creating custom fields with this Base video guide.