WHAT IS A DEAL?
In Zendesk Sell, a Deal is a sales opportunity you've identified through one of your Leads or Contacts.
CREATING A DEAL
Create a deal and track it as it moves through the sales pipeline.
- Click on the global ‘Add’ button on the navigation panel (you can do this from anywhere in Sell) and select the ‘Deal’ option.
- Enter the deal information (Deal name, Primary Contact, Value, etc.).
- After you have entered all of your deal information click ‘Save and View Deal’.
Tip: Click the flame icon to designate a deal as 'hot'. Hot deals will be highlighted on the Dashboard and Deals list.
Once a Deal is entered you can track its status as it proceeds through your Sales Pipeline.
ADDING A CONTACT TO A DEAL
To add a contact to a deal:
- Click on the deal name to go to the details page.
- Click on the + icon in the Associated Contacts box and type in the name of an existing contact or create a new contact or company.
Is there a limit to the number of Deals I can have?
No, there is no limit to the number of Deals you can have in your account. Keep em' coming in! #salesmachine
Can I add more than one deal to my Contacts?
Yes, there isn't a limit to the number of deals you can associate to each Contact.
What should I name my deal?
Best practice is to enter in the Company/Contact name + a distinctive component of the deal (ex. product/service item, order #, etc.)