There are a number of reasons why your card may have been declined when trying to sign up for Base or pay for your account. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Insufficient funds - If you do not have sufficient funds available in your account, try topping up your card, or using an alternate card.
- Declined payment - Your bank may decline the transaction for a number of reasons. You'll need to reach out to them to determine why the transaction was declined.
- Address mismatch - The postal code entered when trying to make a payment needs to match the billing postal code of your card. Entering a different postal code may prevent the payment from going through.
- Temporary hold - If you or your bank has applied a temporary hold on your account, you will be unable to use that card until you remove the hold.
- Fraud - If your bank suspects that your card may have been stolen or is being used for a fraudulent transaction, they may prevent this payment from going through. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.
- Invalid card or account number - If you have incorrectly entered your card number or details we will be unable to process your payment. Please double check your card details to ensure that they are correct.
- Expired card - You will need to contact your bank to have a replacement card issued.
If you have an existing billing account on Base you can log in here to see or adjust your account details.