Collaborate with team members using @mentions to call the attention of relevant coworkers to specific opportunities when sharing updates, asking questions, or discussing important details others need to know about. @Mentions are available with all plans!
Using @Mentions to Collaborate
Know exactly what needs to get done and who’s responsible for doing it, all from within Base. Mention coworkers when logging notes, calls, or visits and they'll receive a notification instantly.
Specifically, you'll have the option to @mention coworkers (other base users on your account) when logging:
- a Note
- a Call
- a Visit
How To @Mention
Anytime you create a new note, call, or visit in Base there are 2 ways to @mention someone:
1. Click the @ icon to see a list of users to @mention
2. Type the @ symbol, followed by a user's name
3. Mentions are also available on mobile devices, simply type @ and choose the person.
If you don't already collaborate in Base, here are a few ideas to help get you started:
1. Status Updates. As a manager, you may want to check in on a Deal by asking a rep for an update. Log a note and @mention someone to get a pulse check on where a sale is at. Ask
2. Questions. Times will arise where you need more information or further expertise to move a deal forward. @Mention a coworker to ask questions regarding a specific Lead, Contact or Deal without ever leaving Base.
3. Assign Action Items. Need an approval on a quote? or a sign-off on a renewal? @mention your manager or relevant coworker to ping them about it instantly.
4. Share Big News. As an account manager, you may check in with customers to ensure everything is going well. Log call notes and @mention specific people to share key items or big news that'd be good for them to know.
Writing Notes with Rich Text
With the release of @mentions, we’ve also revamped the note-taking experience in Base to support rich text, making notes way easier to read and write than ever before. When logging notes, calls, or visits you can now manipulate text to format notes however you’d like.
Utilize headers, bulleted & numbered lists, bold, italicize, or quote text to make notes super clear and easy to revisit.
Enable Mentions Notifications
By default when a user is mentioned she will receive both the Email Notification and the Web Alert. In order to modify those settings:
1. Navigate to Notification Settings: Settings > Notifications > 'Preset Notifications' tab
2. Under "Assignments & Mentions" section, locate the notification "When I am Mentioned
3. Choose to enable Web Alerts and/or Email Notifications, click Edit
4. Don't forget to save!
@Mention Web Alerts
@Mention Email Notifications
1. Are Mention notifications already enabled for all users by default? Or will I need to instruct my reps to enable these notifications?
@Mention notifications should already be enabled for all users.
2. Can I @mention coworkers who are not Base users?
No, you can only @mention people who have access to Base.
3. Why cannot I choose to @mention specific coworker on the note?
You'll only be able to @mention users who have access to the Lead, Contact, or Deal you're creating a note for.