Let’s explore the reporting capabilities of the Revenue Goal Attainment Widget. We suggest adding this widget to help you and your team stay on track to hit your Revenue Goals. The report helps you visualize your current revenue and how close you are to obtaining your goal. Let’s get started!
- Helpful Dashboard Insights
- Revenue Goal Attainment Calculations
- Revenue Goal Attainment Examples
Helpful Dashboard Insights
Add the Revenue Goal Attainment Widget:
Click on ‘+ Widget’ and add the Revenue Goal Attainment Widget. The default report will display your team’s current Revenue attained This Month as a percentage of your overall Revenue Goal. You will see the two calculated values ‘Revenue’ and ‘Goal.’ These values will update in near real time as your team continues close Deals and reach your Revenue Goals!
Note. Report shows Revenue of all the Users that are winning deals. Filtering report by specific users is described below. Learn more about how an Admin can set up Revenue Goals here.
Customize Your Report:
Click into the Revenue Goal Attainment Widget to further filter and customize this report. You’ll need to determine how you’d like to view your goals breakdown.
- Choose a Timeframe (required): Tell us what timeframe you want this goals attainment breakdown to capture. Are you interested in 'This Year' or 'This Quarter' or 'Last Month?'
- Group By: Select how to further slice your data. For example, view monthly goal attainment by ‘Owner’
- Filter (optional): Click the Filters button to further narrow the data included in your report. For example, filter by a specific team or deal owner.
- Save (required): Click ‘Save’ to update the widget on your New Dashboard. Now you can go back to your Dashboard. Read more on managing your New Dashboard in the New Dashboard Overview Article
Revenue Goal Attainment Calculations
You need to have Revenue Goals set up in Base in order for this report to provide you with an accurate representation of your Deal Pipeline. Only an Admin on the account can navigate to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Goals’ to set up this field in Base.
These next fields we will calculate for you, but we wanted to let you know how we did it!
- Revenue: This value is the total revenue from your Won Deals during the selected time period.
- Goal: This value is set by an Admin on the account in their ‘Goal Settings’
- Revenue Goal Attainment Percentage: This percentage appears in the center of your Revenue Goal Attainment Report. It is calculated based off of your Won Deals during the specified timeframe and your Revenue Goal. The percentage will change when another Deal closes, which is hopefully soon!
Revenue Goal Attainment Examples
Select from a specific group by timeframe parameters such as ‘Year,’ ‘Quarter,’ or ‘Month,’ to spot trends in your data over time. Otherwise, you can Group by the fields ‘Owner’ or ‘Team’ to see if certain members of your team are predicted to reach their goal.
Let’s say you are your team’s Manager and you are interested in seeing which Sales Rep hit their Revenue goal for each quarter of this year. As long as your reps have entered in the appropriate values, their Revenue Goal Attainment will be calculated. You, as their Manager, can select a timeframe of ‘This Year’ and then select to group by ‘Owner’ and then break your goal attainment down further and group also by ‘Quarter.’ This arrangement of options will result in the bar graph below, clearly demonstrating how close your Sales Reps were to hitting their Revenue Goals for each quarter of the year.
Perhaps you are a Sales Rep interested in keeping track of your own Revenue Goals for this Quarter. You can create a Report with the timeframe ‘This Quarter’ and click the Filters button to select your name from ‘Owner’ filter. This report will help you visualize what percent of your Revenue Goal have you obtained, and how much more work you have for the rest of the Quarter.
Additionally, you can create a report with a timeframe of ‘This Month’ and group by ‘Owner’ to generate a report to compare your progress to all the other Sales Reps’ revenue so far. In the example below, you can see that our Sales Rep, Anna, can clearly see how she is performing relative to her other team member this Month!
- How is the Revenue Goal Attainment Report calculated?
% Revenue Goal Attainment = Won Deals during specified timeframe / Goal value for the specified timeframe
- Can I set my own Revenue Goals?
Your Admin can set a Revenue Goal for you! If you are not an Admin, reach out to one on your account to update these settings. They need to navigate to their ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Goals’ to make any updates.
- Can all of my Custom Fields be pulled into this Revenue Goal Attainment Report?
At the moment, no Custom Fields are included in this report. The Revenue Goal Attainment Report is for individual Reps and their Teams to stay on top of their Pipeline during a specific timeframe.
If you have any additional questions please contact our Support Team at +1 (855) 976-9550 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help!