When integrating your email, you may run into the scenario where Sell will ask for more information in order to connect with your email server. This is most likely if your email is on a private server, such as a that with a company domain (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Not to worry - we can easily find these two pieces of information in addition to your email address and email password needed to integrate your email.
Typically, your IT team will be able to provide your email server's SMTP and IMAP details.
THESE 3 THINGS ARE REQUIRED TO INTEGRATE YOUR EMAIL:
- IMAP Server and Port
- SMTP Server and Port
- A third party verified SSL certificate
Otherwise, try the steps below to find them in an email client that you could already be integrated with on your computer or phone:
Outlook 2016 on a PC (Windows computer)
- Click the search icon in the taskbar and search for "Control panel".
- Open the Control Panel (Desktop app).
- Click Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
- In the window that opens, click Email Accounts.
- Select the email account that you want to check the settings for.
- Click Change in the menu right above it.
- Here, you'll find your incoming and outgoing server name under the Server Information section.
For more information on finding your SMTP/IMAP details for Outlook.com email addresses, click here.
Outlook 2016 on a Mac
- Click Outlook in your Mac's toolbar at the top of your screen.
- Select Preferences.
- Double-click the Accounts icon.
- If you have multiple email accounts connected in your Outlook, select the email account you want to connect to Sell in the left sidebar.
- Look for the fields for Incoming server and Outgoing server. The text field with what looks like a URL link is the server name and the text box immediately to the right is the port number. Enter this information when prompted to while integrating your email in Sell.
Apple Mail (Mac computer)
- Click Mail in your Mac's toolbar.
- Click Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the email account you want to connect to Sell if you have more than one connected.
- Click on Server Settings.
- Look for the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) host name and the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) host name.
- You may need to select Edit SMTP server list from a dropdown to view the SMTP server name and port.
- If ports are not provided, some common ones to try are 993 for IMAP and 587 for SMTP.
iPhone (Apple Mail)
- Head to your iPhone's Settings.
- Select Passwords & Accounts on the next screen.
- Choose the email account you want to connect to Sell.
- Here you'll see your outgoing (SMTP) and incoming (IMAP) mail server details to enter in Sell.